Military Class 4
Military Class 4 is the next step in high quality components. The Dark Choke and Solid CAP will make sure that your PC runs more stable under extreme gaming conditions.
Dark Choke uses the special core design and allows the Dark Choke to run at a lower temperature with higher capacity and better power efficiency and stability.
With their aluminum core design and Japanese made quality, Solid CAPs are made for high-end design motherboard. Not only do Solid CAPs could provide lower Equivalent Series Resistance (ESR), but also work firmly for over-10-year.
Military Class essentials
The core of Military Class 4 is based on the essentials which increase your stability in the worst conditions. The humidity protection and high temperature protection ensure your system surviving each environment, no matter how harsh. The new structure of the PCB limits EMI radiation. On top of that all the connectors have ESD protection in order to prevent short circuit.
The latest Gen 4 Fabric PCB helps to against moisture cause by some humid conditions and environments.
Anti-ESD ICs and fuses onboard helps to totally protect your motherboard from electrostatic damage.
The optimized EMI-proof design helps to keep users safe when during a long-time computer operation.
HIGH Temperature Protection
Certificated Military Class 4 components help to work stable under some extreme conditions.
ISOLATED AUDIO PCB
With traditional onboard audio the signal is distorted by electromagnetic signals from the rest of the PCB. Acting like a dedicated sound card by physically isolating the audio circuitry which is separated by a isolating path. Less interference gives you a more clear audio signal.
HIGH QUALITY AUDIO CAPACITORS
With the use of professional audio capacitors, specially designed for audio purposes, this motherboard delivers high fidelity crystal clear sound with exceptional acoustics and realism.
- Acoustic series
- Lower Tolerance
- Lower Dielectric Absorption
- Lower ESR
- Lower Leakage Current
- Higher Stability
OC Genie 4
OC Genie is the MSI’s built-in software overclocking technology for motherboards. With this one-second overclocking option we’re giving you even more performance. Just hit the button and your PC gets another adrenalin shot. Delivering up to 20% of free extra performance for the CPU, memory and iGPU.
CLICK BIOS 4
The MSI Click BIOS 4 is the latest UEFI BIOS with optimizations for Windows 8.1 / Windows 10. Not only that it also reacts faster, runs smoother and has better mouse support. And this all comes with many cool features. Click on the button on the right to visit our dedicated BIOS page and learn more.
LIVE UPDATE 6
MSI Live Update is renewed! Our popular software automatically downloads and installs the latest drivers, BIOS and software. Rest assured while your system is always configured using the latest software so you get the maximum performance and stability.
No more seamless waiting for your O/S to be loaded! MSI Fast Boot helps to make your system boot lightning fast. MSI Fast Boot also features a GO2BIOS button. Simply click it to restart your PC and go straight to the system BIOS.
Compared to common motherboards which need extra BIOS chips, MSI’s M-Flash has a double advantage which doesn’t need extra components and secondly, all your BIOS data will be saved in the USB drive. The stored data does not only have backup and upgrade function, moreover, it can also be seen as a portable BIOS chip which is actually able to boot up your PC.
- Backup/Restore Your BIOS to/from Any USB Flash Disk
- Avoid Unnecessary Repair Due to Accident Failures During The Upgrading Process
- Earn more BIOS Lifespan by Reducing Unnecessary Rewriting Process
USB 3.1 Gen1
Compared to the 480Mbps provided by traditional USB 2.0, the all-new USB 3.1 Gen1’s 5Gb/s offers 10 times the transfer bandwidth, so transferring a Blu-ray movie takes less than one minute.
-10X Faster Than USB 2.0
-Up to 5Gb/s Data Transfer Bandwidth
-Boost Transfer Rate Between Your PC and External Storage Devices
SATA 6Gb/s provides double the bandwidth of traditional SATA 3Gb/s, and increases the data transfer rate between your motherboard and internal storage devices, such as 7200RPM HDDs, 10000RPM HDDs and SSDs. It’s also the current trend for upcoming high-speed internal storage devices to break the existing bottleneck of a PC’s performance.
-2X Faster Than SATA 3Gb/s
-Up to 6Gb/s Data Transfer Bandwidth
-Unleash True Performance of New HDDs/SSDs
• 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 / Core™ i5 / Core™ i3 / Pentium® / Celeron® processors for LGA 1150 socket
* Please refer to CPU Support for compatible CPU; the above description is for reference only.
• Intel® H81 Express Chipset
• 2x DDR3 memory slots supporting up to 16GB
• Supports DDR3 1600/ 1333/ 1066 MHz
• Dual channel memory architecture
• Supports non-ECC, un-buffered memory
• 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 slot
• 1 x PCIe 2.0 x1 slot
• 1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920×1200 @ 60Hz, 24bpp
• 1 x VGA port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920×1200 @ 60Hz, 24bpp
• Intel® H81 Express Chipset
– 2 x SATA 6Gb/s ports (SATA1~2)
– 2 x SATA 3Gb/s ports (SATA3~4)
– Supports Intel Smart Connect Technology (optional)*
* Supports Intel Core processors on Windows 7 and Windows 8/ 8.1. You have to enable “Intel Smart Connect Technology” in BIOS setup if needed.
• Intel® H81 Chipset
– 2 x USB 3.1 Gen1 ports on the back panel
– 8 x USB 2.0 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB connectors)
• Realtek® ALC887 Codec
• 1 x Realtek RTL8111G Gigabit LAN controller
Back Panel I/O Ports
– 1 x PS/2 keyboard port
– 1 x PS/2 mouse port
– 4 x USB 2.0 ports
– 2 x USB 3.1 Gen1 ports
– 1 x DVI-D port
– 1 x VGA port
– 1 x LAN (RJ45) port
– 3 x audio jacks
Internal I/O Connectors
– 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
– 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
– 4 x SATA connectors
– 2 x USB 2.0 connectors (supports additional 4 USB 2.0 ports)
– 1 x 4-pin CPU fan connector
– 1 x 4-pin system fan connector
– 1 x 3-pin system fan connector
– 1 x Front panel audio connector
– 2 x System panel connectors
– 1 x Chassis Intrusion connector
– 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
– 2 x USB power jumpers
Dimension: 8.9 in. x 6.8 in. (22.6 cm x 17.3 cm) Micro-ATX Form Factor